Ukraine’s first winter without Russian gas, - PM
Prime Minister expressed gratitude to the EU and EBRD for making it possible
Ukraine will finish current heating season without Russian gas, stated PM Arseniy Yatsenyuk during a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers with representatives of the diplomatic corpus in Kyiv on Friday.
“First time in history Ukraine will survive without Russian gas”, - Yatsenyuk said, mentioning that it has become possible due to the reform of Ukraine’s oil and gas company “Naftogaz”.
“This is a real reform and a real step towards diversification of gas supplies”, - Yatsenyuk added.
He expressed gratitude to the European Union and the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development for helping Ukraine reach “diversification and independence in the field of energetics”.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels