Ukraine will quit CIS, leaving only beneficial agreements
Foreign Ministry noted they will leave only those agreements that “will work for Ukraine"
Ukraine will try to exit of a number of agreements in the framework of the CIS, which it does not need with minimal losses for the Ukrainians. Director of the Political Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Olexiy Makeyev said this in a broadcast transmission “Freedom of speech” on ICTV channel.
"Our efforts are now focused on quitting those agreements which Ukraine does not need with dignity, but with minimal losses for Ukrainian citizens, and keeping the mechanisms that are needed, for example, on pensions", he said.
Foreign Ministry spokesman noted they will leave only those agreements that “will work for Ukraine".
"We will not pay fees and will not participate in the development of any decisions which do not concern the interests of Ukraine and Ukrainian citizens. We will leave in force only those transactions that operate in Ukraine’s favor", he added.
Recall Poroshenko withdrew Ukraine’s representative Anatoliy Dron’ from the CIS Executive Committee. In addition, Ukraine withdrew from the CIS investigation base as of August 24.
As previously reported, the chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Andriy Paruby offered to the people's deputies to raise the issue of introducing a visa regime with the Russian Federation and extend the sanctions against the aggressor state.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars