Ukraine was ranked 38 place in political development rating
Political situation analysis was held in 129 countries
An analysis of the political situation in 129 countries, which are developing and going through a transition period, indicates a worsening of the situation with democracy in the world. At the same time situation in Ukraine is improving.
"In the global ranking of the political development Ukraine was ranked 38th place and fell into the “democracy with restrictions” category. In economic dimension Ukraine takes place 73 - in the category of "Market economy with functional problems," - according to a Bertelsmann Transformation Index (BTI) study.
Earlier Ukrainian President stated that Ukraine is a forward base of democracy in Europe
Among the 129 countries that are developing or transforming, 55 are autocratic. Among them 40 are "rigid" dictatorships - seven more than last year. In post-Soviet countries, including Russia, in the east of Europe, such as Poland and Hungary – political situation has worsened, according to BTI studies.
In general, the situation with civil rights has worsened in nearly 60% of the countries represented in the study.
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas