Ukraine, U.S., EU work on Savchenko-related sanctions, - Poroshenko
The Head of the Ukrainian State said this at a meeting with Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevicius in Kyiv
Ukraine, the United States and the European Union are working on sanctions against Russian individuals involved in capture and detention of Ukraine’s fighter pilot Nadiya Savchenko. President Petro Poroshenko tweeted this on March 15.
He added that Ukraine puts every effort to see that Ukrainian and German doctors, as well as Red Cross Representatives visit Savchenko in custody.
Previously, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister, supporting similar statements of Western politicians and governments, claimed that the people who have anything to do with Savchenko’s case should be held responsible.
Earlier this month, Russian Foreign Ministry said the issue of handling Savchenko to Ukraine will not be on the agenda until March 21-22, when the court is to pronounce the sentence in her case.
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case