Ukraine urges Russia to stop repressions against detained Karpyuk and Klykh
Russian prosecutors ask court to send the Ukrainians to jail for 22 years
“We demand that the Russian side stops political persecutions and releases the Ukrainian citizens, which is foreseen by Minsk agreements and the international law”, Maryana Betsa, Ukrainian Foreign Ministry’s Spokeswoman wrote (Radio Liberty).
Earlier today, the Russian prosecutors requested 22 and a half years for Karpyuk and 22 for Klykh. At the same time, journalist Anton Naumlyuk wrote that the sentence is now being discussed by the jury. “The defense is set to drop charges against the Ukrainians under period of limitation, and, like lawyer Marina Dubrovina said, to fight for every year for their defendants”, Naumlyuk wrote, adding that Klykh reacted quite emotionally on the prosecutor’s request. “He yelled he never was in Chechnya”, the journalist stressed.
The Ukrainian citizens were detained in Russia in 2014 and charged with participation in military actions against Russian federal army during the First Chechen War of 1994-1995.
Ukrainians support Sushchenko near Russian Embassy in Kyiv 6 October, 15:40
Bezsmertny: Sushchenko’s arrest in Russia not coincidental 5 October, 09:15
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels