Ukraine calls on International Criminal Court to investigate Russia's war crimes in Donbas
This statement was unveiled at the 70th session of the UN General Assembly
An investigation by the International Criminal Court of crimes were made by the Russian Federation and the leaders of the "DPR" and "LPR" terrorist groups in eastern Ukraine would be the best way to bring to justice all those responsible for the mass killings of people in Donbas. This is reported in the statement of the Ukrainian delegation to the UN, unveiled on Friday at the 70th session of the General Assembly, reports Ukrinform.
"In light of the current difficult situation in and around Ukraine, we fully recognize the need to ensure global jurisdiction, legitimacy and support of the International Criminal Court," - said in the document.
"We believe that the ICC investigation will be one of the best ways for all perpetrators of international crimes to be brought to justice, and massive violations of human rights to be recognized, and the victims to receive compensation for their suffering," - says the statement of the Ukrainian delegation.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case