Ukraine to sue Russia for violations of maritime law - Klimkin
Border guards have recorded the fact of violation of global maritime norms in Ukraine's exclusive economic zone by the Russian Federation
Ukraine will apply to international institutions a court case on violation by Russia of their obligations under the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea. This was announced by Ukraine's Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin during his meeting with the heads of diplomatic institutions of Ukraine, broadcasted by the 112 Ukraine TV-channel.
"In the coming weeks we will start to work on proving that Russia has violated all their obligations under the Terrorist Financing Convention in the frames of arbitrage. We are going to prove that what is happening today in the territory temporarily occupied Crimea is a real racial discrimination," - stressed the Minister.
As it was reported earlier, Ukrainian border guards, carrying out orders of President of Ukraine for the protection of the interests in its exclusive maritime economic zone, in connection with the events in Turkey, disclosed a fact of violation of international maritime law by the Russian Federation. On the facts of violation of international maritime law and the legislation of Ukraine, all engaged ministries and departments were immediately informed.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Klimkin: Russia tries to tear Europe appart 12 October, 17:33
Klimkin: ‘Russia tries distorting entire logic of Minsk peace process’ 12 October, 17:19
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars