Ukraine to revive Marine Forces – Ukrainian Navy
New infrastructure will be created for Marine Forces, - Haiduk
Ukraine is planning to revive Ukrainian Marine Forces by 2020, informed Marine Forces Commandant Sergiy Haiduk in an interview to Defense Express.
“We plan to provide Ukrainian Marine Forces with 2-4 submarines by 2020. Marine Forces must become elite of the fleet and an important military, moral-psychological and deterrent factor in the region”, - he said.
According to Haiduk, currently various options of equipping Ukrainian Marine Forces are considered, depending on a possible area of operation.
He added, taking into account peculiarities of hydrology and depth of the Black Sea, these can be ultra-small, small or even medium-sized submarines, with a possibility of lease.
Earlier Haiduk stated that if Ukraine doesn’t start building new ships, it may lose the status of a navy country.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain