Ukraine to chair UN Security Council in February 2017
The country prepares for chairmanship
Ukraine is to take over the UN Security Council in February 2017, tweeted Volodymyr Yelchenko, the country’s permanent representative in the United Nations.
‘Having elected new members of the Council for the next two years, we finally found out that Ukraine will be chairing the Council in Feb 2017. We’re getting ready for that’, the diplomat stressed.
Yelchenko remembered that the indicative voting for new UN Secretary General will take place in July. ‘Japan will be chairing this month. It’s going to be interesting, as there are plenty of candidates for this post’, he wrote.
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
UN Security Council votes against Russia resolution on Aleppo 9 October, 13:09
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars