Ukraine risks to get a new outbreak of polio, - UNICEF
Absence of appropriate decision of the Cabinet impedes process of full immunization
A new outbreak of polio can occur in Ukraine due to the fact that the authorities are delaying the purchase of new vaccines. This was stated to "Voice of America" by UNICEF Representative Ekatherina Bulavinova.
"We very much hope that Ukraine will receive bivalent vaccine, because at the moment there is no oral polio vaccine in the country. We have recently completed a campaign against polio, and we would like to continue the vaccination, as it is necessary." - Bulavinova said.
As Bulavinova told, Ukrainian government has already registered the new vaccine. Two manufacturers are ready to supply it with the mediation of UNICEF. "We are ready tosupply it, but we are waiting for changes in the decree of the Cabinet, which will allow to bring the vaccine to the country. This is an unacceptable interruption.", - Said the representative of the organization.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars