Ukraine marked the Day of the State Security Service
President Poroshenko congratulated SBU officers on the solemn occasion
Over 200 terrorist attacks that took place in Ukraine last year were organized by Russian citizens, trained in Rostov and Belgorod regions of Russia. The Head of the Ukrainian state said this during solemn meeting, timed to the 24th anniversary of the SBU, Ukraine’s Security Service.
“They planned terrorist attacks in Kyiv, Odesa, Kharkiv, Lviv and other cities, aiming Ukrainian civilians. They are the key element of the hybrid war against our country”, Poroshenko said.
“The SBU effectively disarms and detains such terrorists, provides effective information campaign, showing the society compelling evidence of its effective work. The Ukrainian people has a lot to be grateful for, thanks to SBU’s efforts”, the President said. He bestowed the rank of Army General upon SBU Head Vasyl Grytsak.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Berlin to host Normandy Four meeting today 19 October, 10:43
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars