Ukraine is only state to have separate meeting during NATO Summit in Warsaw
Poroshenko and Duda to hold press conference on July 9
The final program of the NATO Summit to be held in Warsaw, Poland on 8-9 July became known. As the Polskie Radio reports, Ukraine is the only country that will have a separate event at the Summit, during which the heads of the Alliance states’ government will meet.
A joint political declaration will take place as a part of the NATO-Ukraine Commission.
The Summit will begin with the heads of 28 NATO countries and invited guests on Friday, July 8, at 15:30 p.m. and will end on Saturday at 18:00 p.m.
More than 2100 delegates and 2000 journalists from around the world will attend the event.
On Friday morning, before the Summit, the security experts will meet at the National Stadium. President of Poland Andrzej Duda and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg will open the meeting.
At noon, NATO leaders will gather in the stadium to sign a declaration on cooperation between the European Union and NATO at around 12:45 p.m.
At 14:30 the President of Poland Andrzej Duda and the head of the Alliance Jens Stoltenberg will congratulate all the participants of the Summit. The first session will start in an hour. Polskie Radio suggests that during the session the participants may decide to send 4000 NATO military units to Poland and the Baltic States.
In the evening all the participants of the Summit will be able to watch the flight of military aircraft, after which the heads of the delegations will go to dinner at the Royal Castle. Defense and Foreign Ministers of NATO states will also hold a separate meeting there.
The second day of the program will begin at 9:00 a.m. with a discussion on the Afghanistan issue. Later, NATO leaders will discuss the so-called "southern flank", as well as the situation in Georgia and Ukraine.
The joint press conference with the participation of Polish and Ukrainian presidents, as well as with the Secretary General of NATO is planned for 16:45 p.m.
A decision on where the next NATO summit will be held will be announced in the end of the Summit.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars