Ukraine hasn’t recovered a cent stolen by Yanukovych, - prosecution
Counting on the money confiscated from ex-officials is populism
In 2015, 300,000 hryvnas, obtained through corruption, were returned to the budget of Ukraine. Although, none of this money came from ex-officials, informed Deputy Prosecutor General of Ukraine Vitaliy Kasko in an interview to Liga.net
“The money recovered has nothing to do with the assets of ex-officials”, - stated Kasko.
Deputy Prosecutor General informed that including billions into the budget annually and counting on the assets retrieved from ex-officials is populism.
“Every expert knows that the money of ex-officials of Yanukovych, arrested abroad, will not be returned to Ukraine any time soon”, - Kasko added.
Kasko emphasized that currently there are no convictions issued by Ukrainian courts regarding ex-officials of Yanukovych regime.
It has been informed earlier that there appeared a mechanism ensuring confiscation of billions stolen by Yanukovych and his officials.
Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies 21 October, 10:12
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars