Ukraine had to close airspace to prevent MH17 tragedy - the Netherlands
The risk to civil aviation was undervalued, the head of the Security Council of the Netherlands stated
Ukraine had to close its airspace to prevent the tragedy, stated the head of the Security Council of the Netherlands.
“Why MH17 had been flying over the territory where the armed conflict was taking place? A lot of people ask this question. The answer is simple, and we are really concerned with the answer, almost all air operators flying over this area and why? Because nobody thought that civil aviation is at risk,” stated the official.
“Ukraine's position towards lack of reasons to close the air corridor over the eastern part of the country is clear. But we have concluded that reasonable measures could be taken by the Ukrainian authorities and the risk to civil aviation was undervalued. Neither Ukraine had done it, nor the airlines companies of different states of international organizations had. Our investigation showed that all parties involved in the conflict in the eastern part of Ukraine, from a military point of view, no one thought that there could be a threat to civil aviation,” noted the head of the Security Council of the Netherlands.
As was reported before, the official results of the investigation had been presented today. The Security Council of the Netherlands declares that "Boeing" over Donbas was shot down with Buk missile system. The appropriate conclusion is released in the report of the Security Council, presented today to the relatives of victims of the disaster and to the media.
Mogherini: International community should support MH17 investigation 29 September, 13:35
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
Claims against Ukraine in MH17 case 30 September, 12:42
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars