Ukraine doesn’t recognize parliamentary elections in Russia
Ukrainian Parliament doesn’t recognize parliamentary elections in Russia
Ukrainian Parliament adopted draft decree #5135 on non-recognition of legitimacy of elections to the State Duma of the Russian Federation of the 7th convocation, as well as the results and legal consequences, and respectively, the composition, authority, acts and decisions of this State Duma.
264 MPs supported the relevant decree.
Online broadcast of the parliamentary meeting is available on 112.ua.
The draft decree was prepared and submitted by the MPs from the National Front Maksym Burbak, Georgiy Logvinsky and Victor Syumar.
According to the statement, Rada deems illegal the elections on the territory of temporarily occupied territory of Autonomous Republic of the Crimea and the city of Sevastopol and the elections to the Duma of the seventh convocation is a violation of the Constitution and the legislation of Ukraine and the basic principles and norms of the international law, the UN Charter, Helsinki Final Act, Budapest Memorandum of 1994, UNGA resolution on the territorial integrity of Ukraine #68/262 on March 27 2014, and other international legal acts.
Apart from that Rada does not recognize the legitimacy of the elections to the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of Russian Federation of the seventh convocation, as well as the results and legal consequences, and respectively, the composition, authority, acts and decisions of this State Duma.
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case