Ukraine confirmed resumption of Russian gas supply
The injection of Russian natural gas to Ukrainian storages started from 10:00 am, Minister of Energy and Coal Industry stated
Russian gas supply to Ukraine is resumed, the Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Volodymyr Demchyshyn stated at briefing broadcasted over 112 Ukraine.
"Today the injection of Russian gas started from 10:00 am, in fact, we expect the gas reserves at storages will increase significantly within the next 20-30 days. Naftogaz applied for injection of 114 million [cubic meters – ed.] daily, therefore, I think, in the nearest future we will bring current 15,8 billion cubic meters to 17-18 billion cubic meters. Funds targeted for Gazprom allow to purchase expected 2,2 billion cubic meters. I suppose it will happen next month,” the Minister said.
Earlier, at Gazprom reported about the resumption of supplies - the company received from Naftogaz an advance payment in an amount of $ 234 million, the Chairman of the Management Committee (CEO) of Gazprom Alexey Miller stated.
"Ukraine asked for supply at full capacity - 114 million cubic meters per day, which corresponds to the annual gas extraction in Ukraine of 52 billion cubic meters," Miller said.
Earlier, the Russian Federation, Ukraine and the European Commission have agreed on the so-called winter gas package, according to which, the Ukrainian side undertakes to ensure the transit of natural gas through its territory to the EU, in particular by injection of 2 billion cubic meters of gas in its underground gas storage facilities for the next heating season from October 1 2015 till the end of March 2016.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars