Ukraine calls for help in fight for human rights of its citizens
The parliament to send appeals to foreign entities in order to protect against Russian political persecution
Parliamentary Foreign Affairs Committee prepared a draft appeal to parliaments of foreign states and international parliamentary assemblies concerning violations of human rights and freedoms and enhanced political persecution by Russia. It was reported by the press service of the Poroshenko’s party.
Russian side is ignoring numerous calls of the international community to stop political persecution. It refused to comply with the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) provisions on the release of hostages and all illegally detained persons.
"Taking into concideration all these facts, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has to appeal to the parliaments of foreign states and international parliamentary assemblies with a request to condemn unlawful judicial decisions concerning citizens of Ukraine N.Savchenko, O.Sentsov, and O.Kolchenko," according to the statement.
The document also highlights the justification of personal sanctions in order to release illegally detained citizens of Ukraine.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain