Ukraine asks Germany to send doctors to examine Savchenko
Earlier today, Russian authorities barred the pilot’s family and Ukrainian doctors from seeing her in custody
“I turned to the German side under the instruction of President Poroshenko, asking to send German doctors to Nadiya Savchenko as soon as possible, so that they can assess her health conditions”, Ukraine’s Ambassador in Germany Andriy Melnyk tweeted.
Previously on March 10, mother and sister of Nadiya Savchenko were not allowed to see the Ukrainian pilot in Russian pre-trial detention facility. The court also didn’t let in Ukrainian doctors who came to Rostov-on-Don to examine Nadiya as her health worsened due to the long-standing detention and a number of hunger strikes.
On March 9, Savchenko’s lawyer Mark Feygin published the letter sent to Nadia Savchenko, allegedly by Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko, in which she was asked to stop her hunger strike. Besides, the letter stated that the President would like to see Savchenko in the new Ukrainian government. On Thursday, Feygin updated his Twitter, saying the letter was fake and most likely fabricated by Russian special services so as to discredit both Savchenko and the Ukrainian authorities in this situation.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
- POLITICS10:13Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- POLITICS10:02Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas