Ukraine asks foreign Parliaments to lean on Kremlin to save lives of POWs in Donbas
The Ukrainian Parliament approved two respective bills
The Verkhovna Rada, the Ukrainian parliament, approved bills about Russian aggression and threats of pro-Kremlin militants to execute POWs in eastern Ukraine. 236 and 239 MPs, respectively, supported the bills (Radio Liberty).
The Rada urges foreign parliaments to use all appropriate tools at governmental, parliamentary and non-governmental levels and send a strong signal to Russia that killings and extralegal executions are unacceptable.
The Parliament urged the world community “to continue pressure on the Russian Federation – the country that breaches the UN Statute and the Budapest Memorandum”, supporting the European Parliament’s offer to start Geneva Plus, the international negotiation mechanism to restore Ukraine’s sovereignty in Crimea, which would involve EU institutions.
Last week, Iryna Gherashchenko, Presidential Envoy on Peaceful Settlement of Donbas conflict, said Ukraine is preparing an official address to OSCE and the Red Cross to assess statements by pro-Kremlin mercenaries. They threatened to execute Ukrainian POWs.
Most recently, Russian media spread these statements where they said they’d either send Ukrainian hostages to prison for 30 years or execute them.
Ukraine's Parliament has to urge Netherlands to ratify AA with EU 3 October, 15:44
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars