Ukraine asks for Canada’s support in WTO in trade conflict with Russia, - Jaresko
The Finance Minister met with Canada’s federal Minister of International Trade Chrystia Freeland
Natalie Jaresko, Ukraine’s Finance Minister, discussed Canada’s assistance and support for her country with Canada’s federal Minister of International Trade Chrystia Freeland.
According to the Ukrainian official, the sides negotiated support for Ukraine in the frameworks of the World Trade Organization (WTO), as the trade conflict between Ukraine and Russia goes on. Jaresko wrote this at Facebook.
In her words, they also negotiated over implementation of the free trade area between their countries.
Previously, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree, under which cargo transit from Ukraine to Kazakhstan is allowed only through Belarusian territory. Ukraine’s Infrastructure Ministry claimed that such actions of the Russian Federation caused full stop of shipments between the countries. The Ukrainian government urged shipping forwarders not to plan any business trips to Russia.
Both Ukraine and the EU stressed that the trade ban contradicts Russia’s commitments within the WTO.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas