Tymoshenko: Trial over Savchenko unveils the Kremlin's weakness
The leader of Batkivshchyna Party supported her party fellow who was sentenced to 22 years of prison in Russia
Leader of Ukraine's political party Batkivshchyna (Motherland) Yulia Tymoshenko commented on the sentence in Nadiya Savchenko's case, saying that Kremlin in fact revealed its own weakness by "sneering at women and helpless people".
As is known, the Ukrainian fighter pilot was sentenced to 22 years in Russian penal colony; the court found her guilty in murder of Russian reporters who worked in the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine in June 2014 and in illegal crossing of the Russian border.
Her defense team, the Ukrainian government, the vast majority of the Ukrainian nation and Savchenko herself deny all charges, demanding to release her and let her go back to Ukraine. Recently, Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko stressed that Ukraine will never recognize the wrongful sentence in Savchenko's case.
Watch the video:
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars