Tymoshenko: There’s a good chance Savchenko will be released
The Ukrainian fighter pilot started waterless hunger strike
Yulia Tymoshenko, leader of Batkivshchyna party, maintains that Nadiya Savchenko, her party fellow, Ukrainian MP and Air Force officer could be soon released from detention in Russia and return to Ukraine (Radio Liberty).
“I’ve got information that agreement was reached between U.S. President and German Federal Chancellor that after the sentence in Savchenko’s case comes into force, she will be exchanged and returned to Ukraine, so that, as the Russian side puts it, she serves her time here, at home”, Tymoshenko said while visiting Lviv, western Ukraine.
Earlier, lawyers Mark Feygin and Nikolai Polozov failed to persuade Savchenko to file an appeal on the decision of Donetsk city court, which sentenced her to 22 years of imprisonment in standard penal regime colony in Russia. The pilot refused to file the appeal, saying there is no such thing as justice or fair trial in Russia.
As the sentence took effect, Savchenko goes on waterless hunger strike – another one in the row of hunger strikes that, along with long-lasting detention, seriously harmed her health. The pilot, Ukrainian government, governments of Western countries and the vast majority of common Ukrainians insist on her innocence and demand to release her.
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case