Tusk: Ukraine's issue is a priority, EU not to lift sanctions against Russia
Tusk confirms his strict position regarding sanctions against Russian Federation
European Council President Donald Tusk stressed that Ukraine remains one of the key priorities to the EU.
He said this during a telephone conversation with the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko, nv.ua reports citing the press service of the Head of State.
Tusk also stressed that solidarity with Ukraine regarding external aggression counter will be discussed in the framework of informal meetings of EU Member States in Bratislava in September.
He also reiterated his strict position on the preservation of sanctions against Russia and assured in unquestioning the EU support for Ukraine.
"We firmly remain on the position of support for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine", said Tusk.
EU leaders to discuss relations with Russia 26 September, 21:23
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels