Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy
Tusk said EU will continue to support Ukraine
European Council President Donald Tusk said that he and his colleagues are very impressed by the success of the Groysman’s government. He stated this during a meeting with Prime Minister of Ukraine, which was broadcast by 112 Ukraine TV Channel.
Tusk called the cooperation with the International Monetary Fund one of the successes of Ukraine.
"I want to congratulate you and your government on the excellent results that you have achieved in these extremely difficult circumstances. From my experience in Poland, I can imagine how difficult it is to show the result in such circumstances. Those results that you have achieved in co-operation with the IMF and the EU’s readiness to provide macro-financial assistance for Ukraine tells your efforts are extremely effective. It is not only my personal point of view, but also all my colleagues in the European Council are very impressed and appreciate your efforts", said Tusk.
In turn Groyman said that Ukraine "will continue to carry out reforms" and is waiting for the introduction of visa-free regime in October and resolving the situation with the ratification of the Association Agreement with the EU.
Tusk has promised that Ukraine can count on the support of all EU leaders due to its "determination and efforts".
The European Council President Donald Tusk hopes that the EU will extend sanctions against Russia in December.
"I suggested to my colleagues to discuss a common strategy in October in our approach to this situation and I hope that in December we will be able to continue our consistent policy, which deals with the introduction and implementation of sanctions in the European Council against Russia", he said.
He also noted that the EU will continue to support Ukraine.
Poroshenko, Stoltenberg to meet in Brussels on October 20 18 October, 21:47
EU Council not to impose sanctions against Russia because of Syria 17 October, 20:36
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels