Turnout in the local elections in Ukraine was 34,08%
The lowest turnout was registered in Kherson - 20,39%
Turnout in the second round of local elections across Ukraine amounted to 34.08%, according to the Central Election Commission, published on the website of the CEC. It is even less than in the first round of elections, held on October 25, 46.6% of voters came to the polling stations.
According to the data released by Ukrainian CEC, 28,35% of people in Kyiv came to vote, in Lviv - 39%, Uzhorod - 38%, Ivano-Frankivsk - 37,7%, Zaporizhia - 36,6%, Cherkasy - 27,8%, Chernihiv - 46,39%, Sumy - 31%, Khmelnytskyi - 34%, Rivne - 31,22%, Lutsk - 43,11%, Kherson - 20,39%, Chernivtsi - 28,8%, Zhytomyr - 27,86%. The highest voters turnout was registered in the Ternopil region - 55.67% of people eligible to vote showed up at the polling stations. The lowest turnout was recorded in the Kherson region - 20.52%. Also, among the districts with the highest turnout are Volyn (43.39%) and Odesa (42.25%) regions.
"In some places th results of the elections, even if the difference between the first and the second candidate in the first round was 10% or more, showed that the second round is politically correct decision. Because in the secon tour we have seen many new faces that were not expected to be successful, taking into concideration the results of the first round," stated Olha Aivazovska, coordinator of the Civil Network “OPORA”, a non-governmental, non-political and financially independent nationwide network of public activists.
112.international Exclusive: Georgian parliamentary elections comments 15 October, 19:30
Putin supports Vyacheslav Volodin as the parliamentary speaker 23 September, 16:17
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars