Participated in military coup Turkish soldiers claim they didn't know about coup attempt
The military who participated in the coup, said their commanders told about military training
Participated in military coup Turkish soldiers claim they thought they took part in military trainings, reported RBC with reference to the local media.
According to Sabah and Hurriyet publications, based on the first results of the interrogations of rebels, at the beginning of the coup they took it for a military exercise. And in proof of this they say, that after the coup, many participants voluntarily surrendered to the police.
In this case we are talking about a group of soldiers, who was detained in Atatürk Airport. It consisted of ten officers and 67 soldiers.
Soldiers during interrogations told that their commanders told them, they are taking part in military exercises. Some of the detainees claimed that they have realized there is an attempt of coup d'etat only when they saw that people started to climb on tanks.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars