Turkish Foreign Minister criticizes NATO, says EU ‘humiliates’ Turkey
Mevlut Cavusoglu denies rumors about Turkey’s intentions to withdraw from the Alliance, - Bild
‘We’ve got to work with other partners in terms of buying and selling weaponry’, Cavusoglu told the German outlet in his recent interview - one of his first large interviews with foreign media since the failed military coup in Turkey. The official criticized some of Turkey’s partners in NATO who oppose the idea to sell weapons and military facility to Turkey – as well as the idea to exchange reconnaissance data.
Cavusoglu reiterated that Turkey remains one of NATO’s strongest supporters, adding that the rumors about Turkey’s intentions to withdraw from the Alliance are spread by anti-Turkish circles – not the government.
The Turkish foreign minister also claimed the EU humiliates Turkey by refusing to implement the visa-free regime with this country - in exchange for Ankara’s help to solve the ongoing migration crisis. According to the minister, Turkey has spent years putting much effort to obtain the visa free regime with the EU; what they got instead was ‘only threats, abuses and total blockade’.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas