Turkey supports Ukraine in countering Russian aggression
Poroshenko, Davutoglu met in Davos, discussed occupation of Donbas and Crimea
President Poroshenko and Turkish Premier Ahmet Davutoglu met in Davos in Switzerland during the ongoing World Economic Forum. The officials discussed, first of all, preparations for the forthcoming fifth meeting of Ukraine-Turkey Strategic Council, as well as other bilateral events slated for 2016.
Poroshenko and Davutoglu exchanged views on the occupation of Crimea and part of Donbas. The Turkish Prime Minister confirmed the stable support of his country regarding Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. The parties agreed that returning the Russian-occupied Crimea to Ukraine will not only restore the official status of the peninsula, but also stop human rights violations by the occupant regime.
The sides also discussed matters related to Russia’s economic aggression against their respective states. “The negotiators said that the restrictions imposed by the Russian Federation are not just groundless, but also they contradict norms of the international law and Russia’s commitments before the WTO”, reads the message at the website of the presidential press service.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case