Turkey: Russia constantly violates human rights in Crimea after its annexation
The Turkish Foreign Ministry released a statement coincided with the second anniversary of the unrecognized “referendum” in Crimea
“We’re once again stating that Turkey doesn’t recognize the illegal referendum, held on March 16, 2014 in Crimea, as well as the illegal annexation of the peninsula by the Russian Federation, which is rude violation of the international law”, the statement said (Radio Liberty).
The Turkish Foreign Office reiterated that two years after the annexation, the situation with human rights at the peninsula only gets worse.
“The facts of pressure and separatist policy towards various ethnic groups, especially Crimean Tatars, found reflection in reports by delegations that the international community sent to the peninsula. The situation continues to be the reason for concern. We once again repeat our call for stopping this policy of pressure”, reads the statement.
Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people, the UN and international human rights watchers have repeatedly said that Crimean Tatars are being oppressed by pro-Russian authorities of Crimea. The latter call these statements “Western clichés”.
In March 2014, the so-called referendum took place in Crimea, which was meant to define the status of the peninsula. Based on its results, the Russian Parliament ruled that Crimea becomes a part of Russia. Designed and perpetrated by the Kremlin, the referendum was condemned and refuted by Ukraine, the EU, the United States and the majority of other countries.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels