Turkey has issued a warrant for the arrest of another 47 journalists
Turkish have already detained 42 journalists on Mondy, July 25
It is reported that new detention will affect the former employees of the opposition newspaper Zaman, which was transferred in administration in March by the Turkish authorities. The majority of the employees were fired afterwards.
Earlier, the Turkish police arrested Zaman daily newspaper columnist Sahin Alpay. His house was searched, some documents seized.
Turkish media reported on the detention of more than 40 journalists on Monday, July 25. Among them was the famous journalist Nazli Ilicak, which was a member of the Turkish Parliament from 1999 to 2001.
See also: Former Istanbul governor detained
Recall that in the night of 15 July 16, a group of soldiers tried to seize power in Turkey. Erdogan blamed Fethullah Gulen, residing in the USA. The State Department requires proves of his guilt for his extradition to his homeland.
About 10,000 peopel are already detained as suspects in the failed military coup in Turkey, which started in late hours of July 15 and was quickly repressed by the law enforcers and common citizens who stayed loyal to president Erdogan.
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas