Turkey Coup Attempt: Gulen faces two life sentences and nearly 2000 years in prison
Prosecutor's office asks to Gulen jail for 1900 years
General Prosecutor of Turkey demanded two life sentences and 1,900 years in prison for the preacher Fethullah Gulen, who is accused of organizing a coup attempt in Turkey on the night of July 16. The Anadolu Agency reports this.
It is noted that a criminal case was initiated in September 2015 in connection with the financial activities of the Gulen’s organization. Dossier of more than 2.5 thousand pages was transferred on Tuesday to the High Criminal Court.
111 people in total are accused, among other things, of the financing of terrorism and attempting to overthrow the regime.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas