Turkey asks US for Gülen extradition
Turkey officially appealed to US request for extradition of opposition preacher
"We have sent the four files with the evidence against Muhammed Fethullah Gülen to the US with request for extradition of the terrorist leader”, the country’s Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım wrote on Twitter, Unian reports.
Earlier, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan expressed confidence that the United States would not refuse to extradite Gülen. "We have a mutual agreement on extradition of criminals", he stressed.
Turkish authorities blamed Muslim preacher Gülen, who lives in the US for many years, and his followers in the organization of the coup attempt, which took place on the night of July 15.
Gülen, who is considered the main political opponent of Erdogan, earlier denied any involvement in the coup attempt.
He lives in self-imposed exile, leads the Hizmet movement and manages a network of educational institutions around the world.
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas