Turkey arrests two officers serving with NATO mission in Afghanistan
Ankara increases pressure on suspects in organization of the failed military coup
Major General Jahit Bakir and Brigade General Sener Topuc who served with NATO mission in Afghanistan were arrested at the request of Turkish authorities. Both were detained at the Dubai airport, under charges of organization of the failed military coup, writes Radio Liberty.
The arrest took place within cooperation between law enforcers of Turkey and United Arab Emirates. The officers were deported to Turkey.
According to a spokesman of NATO Mission in Afghanistan, the Turkish contingent continues to serve with the mission.
The Turkish government has already detained 13,000 people as potential supporters of the recent failed military coup in Turkey. 9,000 of those are officially arrested. Another 47,000 state officials were fired upon suspicions in critical position against the government and Erdogan’s regime.
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas