Turchynov: Russian troops, militants prepare for aggressive actions against Ukraine
The Kremlin checks combat readiness of Russian troops at land, air and sea, official said
Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and Kremlin-backed militants are preparing for aggressive military actions against Ukraine. Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Olexandr Turchynov said this on Tuesday briefing in Kyiv.
The official reminded that on February 8, a large-scale check of combat readiness of Russian army started – under the presidential decree of the country’s leader Putin. As 112 International reported, Russian airborne troops and aircraft of two military districts participate in the drills. According to Turchynov, the true purpose of the check is to estimate the level of organization and combat use of army units. The check, according to the official’s message, includes deployment of troops at large distances (up to 3 thousand kilometres) by air and railroad and protection of important military objects.
The Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council added that Russia’s Black Sea Fleet and Caspian flotilla simultaneously commenced drills in the waters of Black and Capsian Seas.
“All these exercises take place rather close to the eastern borders of our country, which is a direct threat to the national security”, Turchynov concluded.
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case