Turchynov: Reporters are Ukraine’s soldiers, too
Secretary of National Security and Defense Council congratulates Ukrainian journalists on Journalist Day
On June 6, Ukrainian reporters mark their professional holiday, the Journalist's Day.
“A reporter’s job has always been of the most necessary and dangerous ones. You’re always at the tip of the spear, right in the epicenter of events. Lives depend on your word, either told or untold. A journalist is a litmus test for the society, the society’s eyes and ears. It’s your eyes that we can observe the events through. Days go by and make history – the history written by you!”, Olexandr Turchynov said in his congratulation message posted at the NSDC’s website.
The official added that reporters are a sort of soldiers who protect Ukraine as well. “I am grateful for your regular hard work, for sacrificing your spare time and weekends, for performing your professional duty. It sounds a bit too military-style, but you are Ukraine’s soldiers, too! Your word is your weapon, and it has to protect Ukraine!”, Turchynov stressed.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain