Turchynov: "First come Russian media, then come Russian tanks"
According to NSDC Secretary Oleksandr Turchynov, information warfare is very dangerous component of a hybrid war waged by Russia against Ukraine
NSDC Secretary Oleksandr Turchynov handed to representatives of Ukrainian media the " insignias for countering information aggression of the Russian Federation, reported the press service of the National Security and Defense Council.
Secretary of the NSDC of Ukraine in his welcoming speech, addressing the reporters, said that information war is a very dangerous component of a hybrid war waged by Russia against Ukraine.
"It aims to break the system of social relations, to break down the foundation, on which is based the people's confidence in their own country, to sow anger, depression, panic and fear. And most important result is - to ensure that citizens are not able or don't want to resist the aggressor ", - said Oleksandr Turchynov.
According to him, modern Russia inherited from the Soviet Union a wide arsenal of information warfare, and this arsenal has been seriously improved. He also added that the Ukrainian experience testifies that Russia is using formula "First come Russian media, then come Russian tanks ."
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case