Turchynov admits mobilization due to escalation in Donbas
Russian Federation intensifies military presence on the territory of the annexed Crimea
Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Oleksandr Turchynov admits mobilization in case of aggravation of the situation in the occupied Donbas. This was announced by Turchynov during a briefing.
He also added that the Russian Federation intensifies military presence on the territory annexed Crimea.
"Russia is using its powerful military means. The latest anti-aircraft missile systems are placed in Dzhankoy. New bases are built and the old ones are in use. Russia is expanding its military capacity. Attack aviation is repositioned on the Millerovo airfield," - he said.
Turchynov also said that pro-Russian militants in Donbas increase the number of attacks using heavy weapons.
"The Russians do not only increase the number of attacks, but also use certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions as a testing ground for training modern weapon", - he said.
"In the case of aggravation of the situation in Donbas, mobilization will be declared immediately," - said Turchynov.
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels