Turchynov admits a world military conflict
It can be either a full-scale war, or a system of local and regional conflicts of varying intensity
Secretary of National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine (NSDC) Oleksandr Turchynov admits the World War conflict. He wrote this in his article in the newspaper "Voice of Ukraine".
"The growth in the scale and intensity of these conflicts is quite plausible, the emerging of new areas of instability with more extensive involvement of the leading states into military confrontation. This dangerous trend could lead to the possibility of global military conflict, which may be either a full-scale war, or a system of local and regional conflicts of varying intensity. Formation of a new global balance of powers will be performed on the basis of the results of these conflicts,"- writes the Secretary of the National Security Council of Ukraine.
Turchynov believes that the European security policy is the inertial, and the key role is played by the United States and alliances headed by them, firstly NATO.
"The internal weakness of the united Europe adds to its vulnerability to the Russian threat and international terrorism, which together constitute an existential challenge to the European civilization. This challenge is not realized by no means all... In these circumstances, as during the Cold War, the US has the key role as a leading democracy of peace and international security guarantee. US and US-led alliances, first of all NATO, are a global force capable to expel the world from turning back to the days of the great conflict between democracy and totalitarianism, which cost the lives of tens of millions of people in Europe and Asia during the last world war ", - the secretary of the Ukrainian NSDC writes.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain