Tuka: Ukrainians won't feel effect of martial law in case it is introduced
However there is no pressure for its introduction
Geore Tuka, Deputy Minister of temporarily occupied territories, said to "112 Ukraine" TV channel: "I see no need for this now. If we hadn't done it at the beginning of these events, now I do not see (anything) special that needs to be done."
However, he notes that the martial law in the event of the introduction will not be noticeable to most people.
"I have intentionally revised the Law "On Martial Law"... There's an idea prevailing in our society...When a corrupt official is caught, or take, for example, Yefremov. So in case of martial law, he would be shot dead or stringed up. Well, it's nonsense! None of this is stated in the law "On martial law". No, all the judicial branch continues operating in the usual way. There are certain restrictions on the car fleet, there are military commander's offices, but the vast majority of civilians won't even feel it, "- said Tuka.
Recently Oleksandr , the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, urged Ukrainians not to be afraid of martial law and to not panic
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas