Russian gas transit through Ukraine went up by 60%
Russian gas flow to EU, Moldova and Turkey increased by 6,5 bcm
Russian gas transit to the European Union, Moldova and Turkey through Ukraine went up by 60% (6,5 bcm) in January 2016 compared to January 2015, according to the data of “Ukrtransgaz”.
3,8 bcm of gas were transported through Ukraine to the EU, 0,382 bcm – to Moldova and 2 bcm – to Turkey.
UNIAN informs that “Naftogaz Ukrainy” suggested “Gazprom” to negotiate the cost of transit of Russian gas to the EU after the National Commission for State Regulation of Energetics and Utilities established new rules of cost adjustment for this service.
However, according to the existing contract between “Gazprom” and “Naftogaz”, disputed by the parties in Stockholm Arbitrage, the cost of transit of Russian gas through Ukrainian territory is connected to the gas price.
It is expected that new tariff system will lead to higher cost of transit through Ukraine to the EU after the agreement between the two parties or after the decision of Stockholm Arbitrage.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain