Train crash in Italy: 20 deceased
The death toll may grow higher as the first carriages are heavily crumpled
Two passenger trains collided head-on in Puglia of Southern Italy, reported by ANSA. At least 20 dead, more than 30 wounded. A child was removed from the wreckage alive. He was transported to the hospital on the helicopter.
The accident happened in province of Bari between cities of Corato and Ruvo di Puglia.
According to La Repubblica, "two regional trains collided on the open area. The death toll may grow higher as the first carriages are heavily crumpled.”
Prime Minister Matteo Renzi expressed his condolences and stated that the reasons of the crash causes will be uncovered.
Prosecutors office sat it is too early to speak of the reasons, though the human factor is also possible.
The two trains belonged to privat rail-way company Ferrotramviaria SpA.
Video courtesy: Guardian Wires YouTube Channel
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars