Traffic limit on Polish border due to NATO Summit
It is short-term security measure, Polish ambassador says
Local border traffic restriction between Ukraine and Poland is caused due to security measures before the NATO Summit in Warsaw on July 8-9. Poland Ambassador to Ukraine Henryk Litwin said this on a briefing in Kyiv on Wednesday, Interfax-Ukraine reports.
"Poland borders with both NATO States members and those countries that are not the members of the Alliance. The local border traffic limitation is one of the security measures among the arrangements to organize such an international event as the NATO Summit", the Ambassador said.
The diplomat stressed that Warsaw needs to prepare the conditions for "strengthening security and control for all Border Guard Services".
"As a rule, all special cooperation regimes with the neighboring countries are limited for a short term period. These all are measures for control strengthening for the purposes of anti-terrorist actions", Litwin added.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas