Tombinsky: new Prosecutor General must regain public credit
The EU Ambassador approved Viktor Shokin’s resignation
Head of EU Delegation to Ukraine Jan Tombinsky said Ukraine’s Prosecutor General’s Office should strengthen justice and supremacy of law, which the Ukrainian nation “needs, expects and deservers very much”. He said this at a briefing in Kyiv on Tuesday.
“The Parliament approved the resignation of Prosecutor General. This decision creates an opportunity of a new start at the Prosecutor General’s Office. I hope the new Prosecutor General makes it so that his office becomes free from political influence and pressure”, Tombinsky said.
“The work of Prosecutor General’s Office is an integer part of full institutional modernization of Ukraine, as well as full-fledged implementation of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement”, EU Ambassador added.
As 112 International reported, earlier today, the Parliament approved Viktor Shokin's resignation from the post of Prosecutor General.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case