Today is the Day of Ukrainian Peacekeepers
Ukrainian troops participate in peace-keeping and security operations under the auspices of the UN, OSCE, NATO and EU in "hot spots" all over the world since 1992
Today is the Day of Ukrainian peacekeepers. 521 servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine carry out the tasks in 10 international peacekeeping and security operations in 8 countries and the region of Abyei (Sudan) now.
The holiday was established by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on May 21, 2013. On this day in 1992 Ukraine started its peacekeeping activity with the mission in Bosnia began participation of Ukrainian troops in peace-keeping and security operations under the auspices of the UN, OSCE, NATO and EU in "hot spots" all over the world.
Apart from that International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers is celebrated on May 29.
Over these years, more than 40 thousand Ukrainian soldiers have taken part in international peacekeeping operations in various regions of the world - Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Angola, Macedonia, Guatemala, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Croatia, Kuwait, Sierra Leone, Transnistria, Iraq, Lebanon, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Georgia, Sudan, Côte d'Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and others.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas