Three attacks over last 24 hours in Turkey
Three car bombs exploded in Turkish cities Van, Elazig and Bitlis. Authorities believe Kurdistan Workers' Party to be involved
Third attack over last 24 hours in Turkey. Another explosion killed 3 more security personnel and injured another 7 in Turkish province Bitlis on August 18. An outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) attack occurred in the Hizan district of the eastern province of Bitlis. The explosion targeted a military vehicle that was returning from an operation in the mainly-Kurdish in Bitlis province in southeast Turkey on Thursday.
Previously, a car bomb exploded near a police station in the town of Elazig in east of the country. At least three people were killed. Another 146 - injured. Turkish TV-channels are broadcasting the video of the cloud of smoke, rising above the explosion and destroyed front face of the police station. Numerous security officers and ambulances arrived at the venue. Authorities believe the prohibited Kurdistan Workers' Party is behind the attacks.
The first attack took place at the police station in the city of Van in eastern Turkey, near Iranian border last night, killing 3 civilians, injuring another 73. It was a car explosion, scattering the wreckage for hundreds of meters. There are barracks, where policemen live, on the territory of the police station. Local residents say that the shots were heard after the explosion. One suspect was detained. Officials say terrorists detonated a car from the distance of 40 meters - they couldn't come closer due to the strongholds.
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas