Theresa May: first appointments
Theresa May appointed ex-mayor of London Boris Johnson a Foreign Secretary
First personnel decisions of new British Prime Minister.
Theresa May appointed ex-mayor of London Boris Johnson, one of the most active supporters of Britain’s exit from the EU, a Foreign Secretary.
After his success during the referendum, Boris Johnson was considered to be a favorite in the struggle for the position of the prime minister. But eventually he disclaimed his candidacy.
Theresa May announced that she takes a break in preparation of negotiations on exit from the EU. But she promised to stand to the will of the Britons. Meanwhile, the newly-appointed Foreign Secretary stated that he is planning to improve relations with US and Europe.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars