Theresa May: Britain continues to support sanctions against Russia
First conversation of May and Poroshenko after taking office of UK’s Prime Minister
British Prime Minister Theresa May confirms the support for maintaining sanctions against Russia until full implementation of the Minsk agreements, and does not recognize the annexation of the Crimea. She said this during a telephone conversation with President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko, said the Ukrainian President's Administration press service.
"Theresa May confirmed the UK's position on sanctions against Russia remains unchanged. Sanctions should remain until the state fully implements the Minsk agreements. UK Prime Minister also noted firm commitment to the non-recognition policy of the Crimea annexation by Russia", the press service of Poroshenko reports.
Note that this was the first May’s conversation with Poroshenko after taking office of the UK’s Prime Minister.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee