There is no Iranian nuclear threat, but missile defense in Europe will soon be threat for Russia, - Putin
Russia is focused on its nuclear capabilities
There is no Iranian nuclear threat, but the missile defense system in Europe will soon be a threat for the Russian Federation. Such a statement was made by Russian President Vladimir Putin at a meeting with the heads of the world's news agencies in St. Petersburg, reports TASS.
"We don't see the threat from Iran, and the missile defense system (in Europe) is still under construction, so we were right when we said that they were insincere, referring to the alleged Iranian nuclear threat in the construction of a missile defense system. So they once again tryied to cheat us ", - said Putin.
At the same time the Russian president said that Russian security services know what year the US missile armament will be having a range greater than 500 km. "And from that moment they begin to threaten our nuclear capabilities," - Putin warns.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case