"There are no real reasons for extension of sanctions" - Yanukovych's spokesman
"Suspicions in tax evasion are farfetched"
Son of Victor Yanukovych, Alexander is one of those Ukrainian officials against whom EU extended the sanctions. He calls such decision a political one, reported his spokesman Yuriy Kirasir on Facebook.
He also wrote that “there are no real reasons” for the extension of sanctions.
Earlier we reported that EU published its decision to extend sanctions against Yanukovych
In particular, he stated that Ukrainian law enforcers indicted Yanukovych only in tax evasion by his "Artyomovsk Winery". But, according to Kirasir’s words the company has been paying taxes regularly and only in 2013 have paid 300 million UAH of taxes to the state budget.
"Alexander Yanukovych will continue to challenge the legality of the imposition of sanctions against him in the Court of the EU Justice and fight for his good name," - said the spokesman.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case