The Washington Post: The Kremlin: Obama agrees to more military coordination in Syria
President Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin, in a telephone call Wednesday, agreed they were ready to intensify military coordination in Syria, according to a Kremlin statement.
“Both sides reaffirmed their readiness to increase the military coordination of Russian and U.S. actions,” it said, according to a translation by the Russian news agency, Interfax.
The call, initiated by Putin, came as the Syrian military said it would begin a 72-hour truce in the country’s long-running civil war to honor the Eid holiday marking the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Syrian rebels reportedly agreed to the truce, although fighting continued.
Secretary of State John F. Kerry said he hoped the truce initiative was an “outgrowth” of talks in which the United States is trying to persuade Russia to press its ally, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, to stop bombing civilians and opposition groups seeking to oust him. Kerry spoke during a visit to Tblisi, Georgia.
Read the full atricle here.
Hackers stole $ 31 million from Central Bank of Russia, - CNN 3 December, 12:16
Gerashchenko on Ukrainian missile firings: This is signal to Russia 3 December, 10:33
Lavrov commented on US decision to limit military contacts with Russia 3 December, 15:12
Germany does not recognize Crimea as Russia, - Steinmeier 4 December, 22:03
- UKRAINE TOP 20:19Stockholm arbitration finished hearing on case of “Naftogaz” against “Gazprom”
- UKRAINE TOP 19:51Ukraine and Turkey signed an agreement on bilateral cooperation between border guard and coast guard
- UKRAINE TOP 19:12Flash mob on Armed Forces Day will be held in Kyiv on December 6
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:29Poroshenko visits military near Horlivka
- UKRAINE TOP 18:19“Naftogaz” confirmed readiness for trilateral gas meeting in Brussels on December 9
- UKRAINE TOP 18:04Criminal case on illegal discharge of Lviv’s waste opened in Sumy
- UKRAINE TOP 17:51MP about Kniazhychi: Ministry of Internal Affairs should provide information on law enforcement officers who supported robbery
- SOCIETY17:43Poroshenko opens TV tower on Karatchoun Mount in Donetsk region
- SOCIETY17:11Indian Prime Minister became person of the year
- UKRAINE TOP 16:57John Kerry to discuss Ukraine‘s situation in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:40, 5 December Russian Navy looses their aircraft in the Mediterranean again
18:28, 5 December Five law enforcers shot dead during a showdown Kniazhychi, Kyiv region